The Texas District Treasurer’s Office is pleased to offer documents, forms and helpful links that provide you with the information for many questions that may arise on a day-to-day basis. We know the position of church treasurer is a tremendous one and we are here to support you. For questions and further assistance, please contact Linda Hagge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below are key documents and helpful links:
Church Treasurer’s Tools
- LCMS Congegational Treasurer’s Manual
- 2020 Budget Summary
- Electronic Transfer Instructions
- EFT Authorization Form
- Texas Partners in Mission EFT
- 2020 Expense Voucher
Church Tax Resources
- Texas Tax-Exempt Forms – To apply for Tax-Exempt status, use “Religious Organizations – Form AP-209”
(You can also find “01-339 Texas Sales and Use Tax Resale Certificate / Exemption Certification” on this site)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- Texas Motor Vehicle Rental Tax Certificate Form 14-306 – This form is for renting vehicles for tax-exempt purposes.
- Texas Tax-Exempt Entity Search
- US Department of Labor Poster Advisor – Online tool to help you comply with the poster requirements of several laws administered by the Department of Labor (DOL). The DOL provides the posters at no cost to employers.
- Form 8822-B Memo
Church Worker Compensation Tools
- Texas District Salary Guidelines
- Worksheet for Development of Worker’s Total Compensation Package (Excel)
- Guest Preacher Compensation Guidelines
To Encourage Funding of New Ministries in the Texas District
To encourage the development and funding of new ministries in the Texas District, it was resolved, during the 2018 Texas District Convention, the distribution of all mission funds on the district’s website, beginning with the present and two fiscal years: