Lutheran School Accreditation
What is Lutheran School Accreditation?
Lutheran School Accreditation is a process of self-evaluation followed by a visit of trained observers to help Lutheran schools improve the quality of their programs. It is a completely voluntary process which is available for every school operated by one or more congregations of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) is a national, rigorous accrediting process designed to evaluate schools on the basis of their unique purposes as Lutheran schools. It helps schools evaluate not only their academic quality, but especially the spiritual dimension of the school. NLSA is supervised by the National Accreditation Commission made up of representatives from the various participating Districts of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. The process has been authorized and approved by the Board for Parish Services of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
What are the Purposes of Lutheran School Accreditation?
To enable Lutheran schools – Elementary, Secondary and Early Childhood programs to improve. To help all Lutheran schools to evaluate themselves based on their unique purposes and on national standards. To give appropriate recognition to those schools which complete the process successfully.
Which Schools are Eligible for Lutheran School Accreditation?
All schools and early childhood programs which are recognized by the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod may apply.
Who Determines Whether or Not a School Will be Accredited?
The visiting team is responsible for a recommendation as part of its report. The District Commission will review the teams’ report and will recommend specific action to the National Accreditation Commission. The final decision will be made by the NLSA at its annual meeting.
How Long Can a School Be Accredited?
Each Accreditation Certification period lasts for five years. Each accredited school must file a yearly self-study report during this certification period. Re-application takes place before the end of year five.
The Texas District Lutheran School Accreditation Commission
To contact the Accreditation commission, call Mrs. Lee Gaines at 1-800-951-3478 x226 or email email@example.com.
What Schools are Currently Accredited in the Texas District?
- Trinity Lutheran School, Amarillo: Rick Ryan, Administrator
- Grace Lutheran School, Arlington: Steve Stigler, Administrator
- Concordia High School, Austin: Steve Glandorf, Administrator
- Our Savior Lutheran School, Austin: Rev. Eric Borchers, Administrator
- Redeemer Lutheran School, Austin: Andy Bencoter, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Austin: Gordon Stoneburner, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Bishop: Tawyna Denkeler, Administrator
- Prince of Peace Christian School, Carrollton: Chris Hahn, Administrator
- Pathways (Good Shepherd), Cedar Park: Kelly Costello, Administrator
- Crown of Life Lutheran School, Colleyville: Dr. Larry Darlage, Administrator
- St. John Preschool, Cypress: Yvonne Wieringa, Administrator
- Dallas Lutheran School, Dallas: Dave Bangert, Administrator
- Our Redeemer Lutheran School, Dallas: Lois Frischmann, Administrator
- Zion Lutheran School, Dallas: Jeff Thorman, Administrator
- Lamb of God Preschool, Flower Mound: Brandy Ramm, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Ft. Worth: Scott Browning, Administrator
- Zion-Walburg Lutheran School, Georgetown: Tom Wrege, Administrator
- St. Paul-Serbin Lutheran School, Giddings: Herb Mock, Administrator
- Immanuel Lutheran School, Giddings: Dan Schaefer, Administrator
- St. Paul Academy, Harlingen: Jim House, Administrator
- Gloria Dei Preschool, Houston: Kathie Walker, Administrator
- Christ Memorial Preschool, Houston: Barb Tanz, Administrator
- Epiphany Lutheran School, Houston: Tim Miesner, Administrator
- Immanuel Preschool, Houston: Cathy Swanstrom, Administrator
- Lutheran High, North Houston: Dallas Lusk, Administrator
- Lutheran South Academy, Houston: Sheila Psencik, Administrator
- Memorial Classical, Houston: Rev. William Heine, Administrator
- Our Savior Lutheran School, Houston: Lance Gerard, Administrator
- Pilgrim Lutheran School, Houston: Herb Mock, Administrator
- St. Mark Lutheran School, Houston: Bob Burgess, Administrator
- Trinity Lutheran School, Houston: Natalia Junkans, Administrator
- Faith Lutheran School, Huntsville: Kristie Pacher, Administrator
- Red Apple Preschool, Hurst:
- Cross Point Preschool, Katy: Amy Sanders, Administrator
- Memorial Lutheran Preschool, Katy: Linda Stahmer, Administrator
- Messiah Classical Academy, Keller: Erika Mildred, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Mc Allen: Dr. Jeanine Kretzmann, Administrator
- Grace Preschool, Midland: Mary Wood, Administrator
- Cross Lutheran School, New Braunfels: Kevin Dierks, Administrator
- Faith Lutheran School, Plano: Rev. Steve Kieser, Administrator
- Westlake Preparatory Academy, Richmond (Katy): Judith Gerber, Administrator
- Trinity Lutheran School, San Angelo: Ron Fritsche, Administrator
- Concordia Lutheran School, San Antonio: Sally McBee, Administrator
- Lutheran High School, San Antonio: Patrick Matnard, Administrator
- Shepherd of the Hills, San Antonio: Sue Gary, Administrator
- Trinity-Klein Lutheran School, Spring: Keith Goedecke, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Thorndale: Corey Moss, Administrator
- Concordia High School, Tomball: Joel Bode, Administrator
- Salem Lutheran School, Tomball: Dr. Mary Beth Gaertner, Administrator
- Trinity Preschool, Tyler: Aimee Schutz, Administrator
For additional information on private school accreditation, please click below and review the TEPSAC website.