Lutheran School Accreditation
What is Lutheran School Accreditation?
Lutheran School Accreditation is a process of self-evaluation followed by a visit of trained observers to help Lutheran schools improve the quality of their programs. It is a completely voluntary process which is available for every school operated by one or more congregations of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. National Lutheran School Accreditation (NLSA) is a national, rigorous accrediting process designed to evaluate schools on the basis of their unique purposes as Lutheran schools. It helps schools evaluate not only their academic quality, but especially the spiritual dimension of the school. NLSA is supervised by the National Accreditation Commission made up of representatives from the various participating Districts of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. The process has been authorized and approved by the Board for Parish Services of the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod.
What are the Purposes of Lutheran School Accreditation?
To enable Lutheran schools – Elementary, Secondary and Early Childhood programs to improve. To help all Lutheran schools to evaluate themselves based on their unique purposes and on national standards. To give appropriate recognition to those schools which complete the process successfully.
Which Schools are Eligible for Lutheran School Accreditation?
All schools and early childhood programs which are recognized by the Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod may apply.
Who Determines Whether or Not a School Will be Accredited?
The visiting team is responsible for a recommendation as part of its report. The District Commission will review the teams’ report and will recommend specific action to the National Accreditation Commission. The final decision will be made by the NLSA at its annual meeting.
How Long Can a School Be Accredited?
Each Accreditation Certification period lasts for five years. Each accredited school must file a yearly self-study report during this certification period. Re-application takes place before the end of year five.
The Texas District Lutheran School Accreditation Commission
To contact the Accreditation Commission, call Mrs. Lee Gaines at 1-800-951-3478 x226 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Schools are Currently Accredited in the Texas District?
- Trinity Lutheran School, Amarillo: Rick Ryan, Administrator
- Concordia High School, Austin: Mike Doering Administrator
- Redeemer Lutheran School, Austin: Carol Mueller, Administrator
- Grace Lutheran School, Brenham: Rev. Rayn Ogrodowica, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Bishop: Tawnya Denkeler, Administrator
- Prince of Peace Christian School, Carrollton: Chris Hahn, Administrator
- Crown of Life Lutheran School, Colleyville: Laura Cleland, Administrator
- St. John Preschool, Cypress: Tiffany Bunker, Administrator
- Dallas Lutheran School, Dallas: Dave Bangert, Administrator
- Our Redeemer Lutheran School, Dallas: Corey Moss, Administrator
- Zion Lutheran School, Dallas: Jeff Thorman, Administrator
- Lamb of God Preschool, Flower Mound: Brandy Simmons, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Ft. Worth: Scott Browning, Administrator
- Zion-Walburg Lutheran School, Georgetown: Tom Wrege, Administrator
- St. Paul-Serbin Lutheran School, Giddings: Jim House, Administrator
- Immanuel Lutheran School, Giddings: Dale Wolfgram Administrator
- Day One Christian Academy (Gloria Dei), Houston: Kathie Walker, Administrator
- Christ Memorial Preschool, Houston: Barb Tanz, Administrator
- Epiphany Lutheran School, Houston: Jon Fraker, Administrator
- Immanuel Preschool, Houston: Cathy Swanstrom, Administrator
- Lutheran High, North Houston: Dana Gerard, Administrator
- Lutheran South Academy, Houston: Sheila Psencik, Administrator
- Memorial Classical, Houston: Rev. Robert Paul, Administrator
- Our Savior Lutheran School, Houston: Lance Gerard, Administrator
- Pilgrim Lutheran School, Houston: Ashlee Juarez, Administrator
- St. Mark Lutheran School, Houston: Dallas Lusk, Administrator
- Faith Lutheran School, Huntsville: Kristie Pacher, Administrator
- Cross Point Preschool, Katy: Amy Sanders, Administrator
- Memorial Lutheran Preschool, Katy: Amy Daniel Administrator
- Messiah Classical Academy, Keller: Alison Smith, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Mc Allen: Nichole Perez, Administrator
- Grace Preschool, Midland: Amy Hoppman, Administrator
- Cross Lutheran School, New Braunfels: Corey Brandenburger, Administrator
- Faith Lutheran School, Plano: Rev. Steve Kieser, Administrator
- Westlake Preparatory Academy, Richmond (Katy): Tim Wainright, Administrator
- Trinity Lutheran School, San Angelo: Ron Fritsche, Administrator
- Concordia Lutheran School, San Antonio: Sally McBee, Administrator
- Lutheran High School, San Antonio: Patrick Maynard, Administrator
- Shepherd of the Hills, San Antonio: Sue Gary, Administrator
- Trinity-Klein Lutheran School, Spring: Keith Goedecke, Administrator
- St. Paul Lutheran School, Thorndale: Dave Mueller, Administrator
- Concordia Lutheran High School, Tomball: Joel Bode, Administrator
- Salem Lutheran School, Tomball: Dr. Mary Beth Gaertner, Administrator
- Trinity Preschool, Tyler: Aimee Schutz, Administrator
- Grace, Brenham: Rev. Ryan Ogrodowicz, Administrator
For additional information on private school accreditation, please click below and review the TEPSAC website.