Essentials to Incorporate and Charter an LCMS Congregation
- Steps in Forming a Congregation in the LCMS. This is information concerning membership and eligibility and admission of congregations into the Synod.
- Guidelines for the Constitution and Bylaws of a Lutheran Congregation and information about submitting it for approval.
- Incorporating in Texas. Make a copy of this completed form for your records and for obtaining a bank account; submit the completed form to the Secretary of State in order to incorporate it.
- Getting your Federal Tax ID number. This is a recommended step for every church plant.
- LCMS Treasurer’s Manual to find complete information about accounting and legal matters related to your church start.
- Steps to take in order to achieve 501(c)3 Status.
- Group Tax Exempt Ruling (letter) for LCMS congregations.
- Sample Articles of Incorporation