Mission Prayer Lists
To print the complete prayer list, click HERE.
Updated for the week of May 31, 2020 (Bolded italic items equal the “Short List.”)
This Week’s Special Prayer Focus
- For leadership & congregations in West Texas who are exploring church planting and evangelist possibilities.
Monday – The Mission
- Pray for the hearts of God’s people to enter the mission according to their giftedness.
- For brothers and sisters in the faith around the world who are being persecuted for the faith. May they hold the faith.
- For the Spirit to prepare hearts for the reception of the Gospel in Texas and around the World.
- Jules Renzano – Perfect Gospel Mission Center.
- and Mrs. Kevin & Haleh Kersten, LINC Austin.
- Evangelist: Claudia Edith Jimenez, Comunidad Cristiana Expansion, Houston.
- For your Pastor and his family, for staff (paid and unpaid), congregational leaders and all who are under spiritual assault brought on by the difficult nature of the call.
- For the Identification and Preparation of Church Planters and Evangelists as well as their families who are entering this challenging ministry in Texas and throughout the nation.
- For the unseen missional workers and evangelists in congregations, neighborhoods, and communities in the district whose lives reveal Christ to their neighbors.
- For those who fear the call to mission.
- For those preparing for the mission and for ministry, that they recognize the heart and desire of Christ in every context to which they are called.
- Pray that young and developing leaders in the church be protected by the Spirit.
- For joyful and dedicated stewardship commitments in members and congregations to recognize the strength we have in common mission efforts.
- For the congregations initiating new church starts and new mission initiatives in the district.
- For 10% (13,200) of the Baptized members of the Texas District LCMS to pray for the mission that is in front of them.
- For congregations to make bringing Christ to communities their top priority.
- For God to strengthen old and develop new congregations and partnerships for mission.
- For the church planter coaches as they coach in the Texas District.
Tuesday – West Texas
- For Trinity, Woodlands Ministry & Trinity, Amarillo as well as Rev. Ricky Black.
- For Texas Tech, Lubbock Campus Ministry and Redeemer as they partner in mission with Rev. Jeff Jenkins.
- For LINC Southwest and Dr. Margaret Peterson with the Lutheran Literacy Project connecting with the communities of Areas A and C.
- For leadership and congregations in West Texas who are exploring church planting and evangelist possibilities.
- For the Bible Study in Sanderson, TX led by Pastor Mike Fickenscher and hosted by Helen Zeyen member from Faith, Ft. Stockton, living in Sanderson.
- For the Campus Ministry at West Texas A&M University, through the efforts Circuit 1 and 2 and of St. Paul, Canyon and area congregations.
Wednesday – South & Central Texas
- For Vicar Luis Morales from Cristo El Salvador, Del Rio, as he serves under the CMC program at Concordia in Irvine.
- For Mission Liberty Hill as the mission continues.
- For University Lutheran Church in Austin.
- For Narrative Church, out of Faith, Georgetown, Pastor Ted Doering and his wife Chelsey.
- For Di’Anna Bocanegra who continues her outreach to women and children at Eagle Ford, Kenedy, in Karnes County. Di’Anna also works full time as a home health assistant.
- For the ongoing ministry at the Haven for Hope homeless shelter by LINC San Antonio, that a strong faith community will come together and that new believers will be reached.
- Thanks to God for the ministry into the Chinese community of students who are studying at the UTSA Health Science Center.
- For Christ, Johnson City led by Mr. Jey Ping
- ACTS Network – ACTS Church Lakeway, ACTS Church Leander, ACTS Church Lakeline, ACTS Kyle, and all the ACTS Network missionaries.
- The Table of Los Fresnos led by SMP Vicar Chad Bresson in Harlingen. Thanksgiving for incredible partnership and serving opportunities that have happened especially in this last year and the beginning of weekly worship.
Thursday – East, North Central Texas & the Metroplex
- For the development of new ministries by Peace, Garland with Rev. Eddie Torea.
- For Rev. Dr. Solomon Yadessa as he plants an Oromo church in the Dallas area.
- For Rev. Andy Whaley as he plants a new congregation in downtown McKinney.
- For Rev. Gerry Harrow in Killeen as he plants Fortress Church.
- For strengthening of partner fellowships.
- For Parent Ministry in the Spanish-Speaking Church Plant in Carrollton, Farmers Branch.
- For Mike Shaw and his ongoing work in Waxahachie with What is Happening Now Ministry.
- T2C2 Network: Our Redeemer Irving, Faith – Grand Prairie, Holy Cross – Dallas and Bethel – Dallas. That they will continue their mission to develop communities, plant missions and train leaders at their current mission sites and that new sites and leaders may be identified.
- For the Eternity Matters Most Network in the Dallas area as they train workers for planting and outreach.
- For Abisalom Nasuwa – Umoja International Lutheran Church, Holy Cross, Dallas
- For Casa de Dios, Houston led by Deacon Jose Flores
Friday – Houston, Coastal Bend & the Golden Triangle
- For Wynn Derong as he continues the SMP program & continues to develop Oikos Montrose in Houston.
- For Glocal Mission Network led by Rev. Dr. David Kim as they lead people into God’s mission in the Houston metropolitan area and beyond.
- For NewChurch Lutheran Church in Katy, led by Frank Hart.
- For Rev. Joey Bluege as they expand online church through Salem in Tomball.
- For Pastor Seth Kunze, working with Christ the King in Kingwood and Lamb of God in Humble, as he expands The Dwelling in the NE Houston metropolitan area.
- For Pastor Russ Strimple, planting a congregation with Beautiful Savior and Our Redeemer on the East side of Spring.
- For Ezekiel Yoel and the Kunama Church at Fishers of Men, Sugar Land.
- For God’s blessing on Pastor Mark Seeger’s (deaf) youth ministry outreach in Austin and in Houston and Dr. John Reinke as he works to expand new deaf congregations in Texas and beyond.
- For Sagar Pilli’s development of an Eastern Indian Telugu congregation in partnership with Memorial, Houston and the new Ethiopian Church development effort there.
- For Oikos, a ministry in the Houston area led by Rev. Aaron Lytle.
- For Mark Pulliam as he plants a new church near Grand Parkway, Houston.
- For Howard Thomas, & David Wray as they each develop plans for new church starts in the Houston area.
Saturday – Texas District by Circuit
- Pray for circuit visitors, congregations and leadership, to strengthen faith, to increase witness, and to reflect Jesus in their community.
- Circuit 16: (Circuit Visitor, William Lowrey). Arlington, Holy Cross; Cleburne, Ascension; Fort Worth, Christ; Fort Worth, Redeemer; Granbury, Our Savior; Mansfield, St. John; Stephenville, Faith; Arlington, Beautiful Savior
- Thank God for the faithful pastors and faithful congregations who serve in this circuit.
- Thank God for these Congregations and their joyful response to the Gospel!