Mission Prayer Lists
To print the prayer list, click HERE.
Updated for the week of February 19, 2017 (Bolded italic items equal the “Short List.”)
This Week’s Special Prayer Focus
- Cypress Chapel led by Pastor Stephen DeMik.
Missionaries and Families
- Pray for the hearts of God’s people to become part of the mission.
- For brothers and sisters in the faith around the world who are being persecuted. May they hold the faith.
- Frank Hart, NewChurch, Katy
- DCE Tanner Evans, Acts Church Leander
- For the preparation of church planters who are ready to enter into this challenging ministry in Texas and throughout the nation.
- For church planters and their families as the Lord raises them up in our church body.
- For the unseen missional workers in congregations, neighborhoods, and communities in the district whose lives reveal Christ to the world.
- For your pastor and his family, for staff (volunteer and paid). For congregational leaders.
- For those who fear the call to mission.
- For District-Wide Mission Prayer and prayer partners.
- For those preparing for the mission and for ministry, that they recognize the heart and desire of Christ in every context to which they are called.
- Pray that young & developing leaders in the church be protected by the Spirit.
- For pastors and all who are under spiritual assault brought on by the difficult nature of their call and being sent.
New Missions & the Leaders
- That the Holy Spirit would use Cornerstone Church in Buda, TX, led by Matt Behrens to bring friends and neighbors to a saving faith in Jesus.
- For Glocal Mission Network led by Rev. Dr. David Kim as they lead people into God’s mission in the Houston metropolitan area and beyond.
- For James Lavender who is on staff at Hope, Austin as the Community Connections Coordinator (C3)]. Please pray for God’s blessing, good beginnings and effective partnerships.
- For the development of the Christ Property/Ministry by Trinity, Amarillo.
- For Texas Tech, Lubbock Campus Ministry and the search for a full-time mission leader.
- For St. John Lutheran Church in Frisco, led by James Woelmer. A church plant of Faith Lutheran in Plano.
- For Hope for all Nations, at the University of Texas, Arlington Student Center, led by Sabir Nazir Bashir.
- For Narrative Church, out of Faith, Georgetown, led by Ted Doering and his wife Chelsey.
- NewChurch Lutheran Church in Katy, led by Frank Hart.
- For Cypress Chapel out of St. John Cypress, led by Pastor Stephen DeMik.
- Prayers of thanksgiving for DCE candidate Brenda Segovia as she serves with RioMAC. Brenda will be working through out all the churches of the Rio Grande valley in ministry to and with youth and young adults.
- For Community of Hope Church Northwest out of St. Timothy, Houston. Led by Pastor Jonathan Goeke, this mission start serves the community in the Northwest Houston area.
- For the development of “LINC Southwest.”
- For new entry, by LINC Southwest and Margaret Peterson, into the small communities of Southwest Texas (Comstock, Presidio, Marfa, Sanderson, Marathon, Balmorhea, Ft Davis and others) through Book Distribution (newly formed Lutheran Literacy Project-Trans Pecos) and community events.
- For Pastor Seth Kunze, working with Christ the King in Kingwood and Lamb of God in Humble to plant a congregation in the NW Houston metropolitan area.
- For Pastor Russ Strimple, planting a congregation in the eastern part of The Woodlands.
Key Events, Ongoing & Renewed Efforts
- For leadership and congregations in West Texas who are exploring church planting possibilities.
- For the Bible Study in Sanderson, TX led by Pastor Mike Fickenscher and hosted by Helen Zeyen member from Faith, Ft. Stockton, living in Sanderson.
- For the development of VBS in the remote Big Bend region for 2017.
- Pray for Di’Anna Bocanegra who will continue her outreach in the Karnes County area. Di’anna facilitates the Women of Valor Bible study weekly and helps with local outreach to women and children. Di’Anna also works full time as a home health assistant.
- For the Antiochian Apostolic Church led by Abjar Bahkou at Peace Lutheran, Hurst, Texas.
- For God to develop new congregations and partnerships through and with LINC Houston, LINC NT (North Texas), LINC Austin, and LINC San Antonio.
- For the SoulThirst Network and the work of Patrick Miller and Bill Brimer as they bring Jesus to Coppell and to surrounding communities.
- For God’s blessing on Pastor Mark Seeger’s youth ministry outreach in Austin and in Houston.
- T2C2 Network: Our Redeemer Irving, Faith – Grand Prairie, Holy Cross – Dallas and Bethel – Dallas. That they will continue their mission to develop communities, plant missions and train leaders at their current mission sites and that new sites and leaders may be identified.
- For Sagar Pilli’s development of an Eastern Indian Telugu congregation in partnership with Memorial, Houston and the new Ethiopian Church development effort there.
- For Oikos, a ministry in the Houston area led by Rev. Aaron Lytle.
- For the ongoing ministry at the Haven for Hope homeless shelter by LINC San Antonio, that a strong faith community will come together and that new believers will be reached.
- For the church planter coaches as they coach church planters in the Texas District.
- Thanks to God for opening the door into the Chinese community of students who are studying at the UT Health Science Center. Please pray that the Holy Spirit bring many to Shepherd of the Hills to hear of God’s Love in Christ.
- For NewSong Communities on the west side of Houston and Mark and Lauren Wood.
- That God would open doors in Breckenridge for ministry to begin through Rev. Tom Chandler & Trinity, Albany.
- ACTS Network – Peter Mueller at ACTS Church Lakeway, Gabe Kasper at ACTS Church Leander, Adam Meyer at ACTS Church Antioch, and Barrett Grebing at ACTS Church Northwest.
- For the Eternity Matters Most Network in the Dallas area led by Rev. Mark Schaefer as they train nearly a dozen workers for planting and outreach.
- For the Crossing Church Dallas and Pastor Mark Couser, Dallas Lutheran School.
- For the Campus Ministry at West Texas A&M University, Canyon, Canyon through the efforts of Circuit 1 and the congregation of St. Paul, Canyon.
- For Stephen Sandfort and The Edge Community Lutheran, NW Tarrant County.
- For joyful and dedicated stewardship commitments in congregations to recognize the strength we have in common mission efforts.
- For congregations to make bringing Christ to communities their top priority.
- For strengthening of partner fellowships.
- For Mission Liberty Hill as the mission continues.
- For congregations and leaders that are struggling to see the mission.
- For Parent Ministry in the Spanish-Speaking Church Plant in Carrollton, Farmers Branch, to break through the apathy, to grow, and that parents and children grow in their relationship.
- For the congregations initiating new church starts and new mission initiatives in the district.
- For 10% (13,200) of the Baptized members of the Texas District LCMS to pray for the mission.
- For Disciples of the Way as they increase outreach into the apartments in Vickery Meadow and surrounding areas.
- For Pastor Jonathan Brandenburg and the people of Lifebridge, Sealy as they continue in mission.
- For congregations to grow in their discipleship response to the Gospel including their financial support for kingdom work.
- For the Spirit to prepare hearts for the reception of the Gospel in the US and around the World.
- Ask the Lord to prepare His people who are in Texas and who will come to Texas with a missional spirit.
- Thank God for faithful workers and faithful congregations in all contexts of mission and ministry.