2018 Convention of the Texas District LCMS
Firmly Standing Boldly Sending
The 61st Convention of the Texas District of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod will be held from June 14-16, 2018, at the Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport, Irving Texas. The theme, Firmly Standing Boldly Sending is based on I Corinthians 15:1-6.
District conventions provide opportunities for worship, nurture, inspiration, fellowship and the communication of vital information. They are the principal legislative assemblies, which amend a district’s articles of incorporation and bylaws, consider and take action on reports and overtures, and handle appropriate appeals.
Stay tuned to this page for more information!
10 Easy Steps Toward the Texas District Convention
O God, the ground of all being and the breath in all living things; grant that as Your servants plan and prepare for the 61st Convention of the Texas District of The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod we may do so in humble recognition that You are God and we are not. From daily bread and all things needful for this body and life to the good news about Jesus in the Gospel of Your Kingdom, everything we receive belongs to You. And so do we. Send Your Spirit upon us in Convention that we may work together for Your Kingdom purposes, firmly standing on Your promises, and boldly sending laborers into Your harvest; through Jesus Christ, Your Son, our Lord, who lives and reigns with You and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and forever. Amen.
2. Hotel Reservation—You can make it now!
3. Church Assessment Fee—Information coming in August 2017
4. Board and Committee Nominations—Nomination packets have been sent. Deadline is November 14, 2017.
5. Convention Registration—Opened September 11, 2017
6. District President and Vice President Nomination Ballots—Coming in October. Deadline is February 14, 2018.
7. Delegate Elections—Information coming in October. Must complete before register.
8. Circuit Forum—Information coming in October. Deadline is February 14, 2018.
9. Delegate Credential Card
10. Overtures—Deadline February 14, 2018.